Monday 18 June 2012

The dream

goya

The dream involved someone wrapping their arms around me from behind. I did not know who the person was, or why they were hugging me, or if their intent was good or evil. Usually this sort of dream would involve me never finding out the identity of the person. But then usually the dream, which I refer to as an anxiety dream, features a wall and I would be walking along beside the wall until I reached the corner. Around the corner was something foreboding, something bad, but I never knew exactly what, and I could never see it. No matter how far around the corner I looked, the fearful thing remained just out of sight. This time, I looked around and saw the person who had grabbed my torso, and it was a female, with her eyes closed, but she was no one I knew. What was different was the fact that I could see her face, and she was unthreatening. There was no fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment